Saturday, March 17, 2007

2nd in GT2 - A Podium for the Lizards

One of the most exciting GT2 races ever is over - with Joerg passing the No. 62 on the last turn before the finish line after a heroic battle for the lead, gaining an average of 2 seconds per lap over the last 10 laps, he was pushed into the wall by the No. 62, which made contact at the end. The unofficial results are the No. 45 in P2 and the No. 44 in p 13.

Congratulations to the entire Lizard crew on an incredible race and to Joerg for putting on an incredible show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog, it helped us keep up with things when SPEED dropped the ball. We look foward to a great season for the Lizards!

DaveKennedy said...

Agreed. This is the place to read about the Lizards...Speed does a terrible job unless it's covering the Audi's!

What a finish, eh? I was literally jumping out of my chair as Jorg got pushed off the track by the Ferrari in the last turn!

DK

Anonymous said...

First of all, hats off to Jorg and the whole Flying Lizards Team. You guys did a fantastic job and set the pace towards the GT2 Championship. I watched the entire Sebring race and was amazed by Jorg's comeback. That was fantastic driving. I jumped out of my seat when I saw the contact at the last turn too. Please tell me something is going to be done to address that. From the replays, it looked like the no.62 was BEHIND and hit Jorg's car on the right rear. I've seen penalties given for might lighter contact let alone being pushed into the wall and losing 1st place. Hopefully something can be done by the officials to fix this. If not, I'm sure you guys will anyway if you keep your good work up.

WIL
Los Angeles, CA